Sedation Dentistry Near You (Oral and Nitrous Sedation $299 and IV Sedation $499)
One of the main reasons people avoid coming in for dental treatment is because they are scared that it will be painful. Such emotions are very common, so if this applies to you, don’t worry! Our local dental team is here to ensure you get the care you need and that your time in the dental chair is comfortable.
Give us a call today to find out more about sedation dentistry and if it’s right for you.
Why Dental Sedation is Used
This unique treatment is provided to patients of all ages to help ease their fears and anxieties so they can access the oral health care they both need and deserve. However, this may not be a suitable option for everyone, is it is important to book a consultation with your dentist before going ahead. Based on your needs and the type of procedure you require, they can identify the best path forward.
Dental sedation can be a good solution if any of the following apply:
- Have special needs
- Difficulty sitting still or feel claustrophobic in the dentist’s chair
- Need a complex or lengthy procedure
- Extremely sensitivity
- Fear of needles
- Overactive gag reflex
Forms of Sedation
Dental sedation can be administered in a few ways; your level of sedation may also vary.
- Nitrous Oxide — Patients will have a mask placed over their nose so they can breathe in the nitrous oxide medication. Due to the feeling of lightness and euphoria that occurs, this is also called “laughing gas”. The effects work quickly. You’ll stay awake throughout the appointment but won’t feel any discomfort.
- Oral — You will be given a pill to swallow before your appointment begins. The effects are stronger than nitrous oxide, so you will feel drowsy; you may even end up falling asleep, and that’s okay. This is an especially great option for patients who dislike needs. The dosages can be moderate or large, depending on your case.
- IV — Intravenous sedation is administered to your bloodstream via an injection. You will be put to sleep and your dental team will closely monitor your vitals throughout the treatment. This type of sedation tends to be stronger than both nitrous oxide and oral, though the dosage levels can also be adjusted.
Please let your dentist know if you have any questions or concerns before, during, or after your treatment so they can address them right away.
Come into Beddington Dental Clinic
If treatment for sedation dentistry near you is something you’d like to acquire, call or email our expert oral healthcare team today! We are passionate about your smile and well-being and will do all we can to make sure your appointment is relaxing and successful.