A brief guide to understanding your insurance coverage
- What does it mean Basic and Major Treatments according to the insurance company?
- Exams covered by your plan
- Topical fluoride application
- Dental x-rays covered by your plan
- Does my plan cover me to have teeth cleaned every 3 months?
- Assignment of Benefits
- Predetermination/ Preauthorization
- How you value your smile will make you less insurance dependent when seeking dental treatment
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1. Why every time I come for a cleaning appointment, my dentist gives me a bunch of other treatments as well?
- Q2. I am tired of having cavities every time I see my dentist for a checkup, what can I do?
- Q3. I did not have toothache until I went for a checkup and my dentist told me that I had a cavity and did a filling for me. Pain developed afterwards. He tells me I now need a root canal therapy for this tooth to relieve the pain. Is my dentist causing me all this unnecessary treatment?
- Q4. Why my teeth become very sensitive to cold after a hygiene session in a dental office? Should I avoid having my teeth cleaned?
- Q5. Should I use electric toothbrush?
Patient Education Information is provided by Dr. Lawrence Lai.
Please note that the information provided here is only for educational purpose. It is not meant to be used for diagnosis of any dental problems you may have. Please consult a dental professional for diagnosis and treatments.
The opinions expressed here are of Dr. Lawrence Lai. They may not be agreed upon with other dentists.
- Amalgam Filling & Dental Amalgam
- Bad Breath
- Children’s Dentistry
- Cosmetic & Aesthetic Dentistry
- Dental Check-Ups
- Dental Composite Resins
- Dental Emergencies
- Dental Filling
- Dental Implant
- Endodontic Therapy (a.k.a. Root Canal Therapy)
- Full Mouth Rehabilitation
- Gum Disease & Alveolar Bone Problem (Periodontal Diseases)
- Inlays & Onlays
- Periodontal Disease
- Pit and Fissure Sealants
- Post and Core
- Removable Partial Denture (RPD)
- Removable Complete Denture
- Scaling and Root Planing
- Sedation Dentistry
- Temporomandibular Joint Disorder
- Tooth Whitening
- Tooth Extraction
- Topical Fluoride Treatment
- Wisdom Tooth Removal